March 27, 2021 --
The Medfield Public Schools will launch a new task force focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) beginning in September. We will follow the same successful model as our Social-Emotional Learning Task Force by including students, teachers, parents, school committee, administrators, and the community.
The goals of the task force will be:
· Examine the district’s practices around curriculum and instruction
· Identify professional development or training for staff, students, parents, and the community
· Increase diversity within our workforce
· Explore a Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion position
· Other areas identified by the DEI Task Force
If you would like to volunteer to be a member of the DEI Task Force, please email DEItaskforce@email.medfield.net and explain your interest in this work, as well as your experiences or perspectives you can bring to this group. You must be able to commit at least 2 hours a month for meetings and additional time for subcommittee work. The deadline for submission will be June 10, 2021, at 5:00 PM.
Please email DEItaskforce@email.medfield.net if you have any questions.