Welcome to the Social Studies Department
The aim of the History/Social Sciences Department is to give students an understanding of their place in society based on an historical, cultural, and contemporary perspective. Social Studies hopes to develop in students the skills which will help them become an active citizenry and effective leaders.
- Students will be exposed to a variety of courses that help them learn how to learn.
- Students will learn to conduct inquiry.
- Students will learn to make choices and decisions.
- Students will become more aware of themselves and others.
- Students will be exposed to the value of living with change and becoming agents of change.
In accordance with the History and Social Studies Curriculum Frameworks, students will achieve knowledge of the academic content and skills in the areas of history, geography, economics, civics and government.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 05 March 2013 09:07)