The Medfield Public Schools believes that technology plays an integral role in creating an academically engaging, collaborative, and challenging learning environment. We strive to prepare our students with the skills and knowledge needed for their learning, development, and growth. To meet our vision and align with internationally recognized standards, our students will become connected learners, gaining proficiency in the areas of:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Research and Information Fluency
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
- Digital Citizenship
- Technology Fluency
The following belief statements will guide our work…
- The integration of technology should be student-centered, equitable, and provide access for all learners.
- Technology has a time and a place and must be used purposefully.
- The implementation of initiatives must be consistent for all students.
- Appropriate funding and staffing will be committed by the district.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to share and publish their learning.
- Communication with all constituencies (students, staff, families, and community) will be transparent.
- Teachers will continue to improve their knowledge and skills in using current technologies through ongoing professional development and by creating a collaborative learning network with colleagues.
- Teachers will integrate technology to support instruction with a focus on hands-on, inquiry-based learning.